Properly complete assigned apartment turns
• Assist maintenance supervisor with monitoring inventory of parts and supplies and appropriate levels.
• Communicate effectively with residents when on-call.
• Perform turnkey work.
• Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following: major appliances, basic plumbing, basic electric, basic carpentry and basic HVAC repair, take out trash, etc.
• Other task or duties as assigned by maintenance supervisor or property manager.
1. Formal training in related area is a plus.
2. 1-3 years’ minimum experience required in community management maintenance or other building maintenance.
3. Must be alert and energetic. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have good interpersonal skills to deal with residents and staff. Ability to multi-task. Must have good organizational skills. Must be detail oriented. Must be able to operate effectively under duress/stressful situations. Ability to prioritize tasks. Must have good problem solving skills. Timeliness is essential.
4. Must be able to use general maintenance equipment, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, and required safety equipment. Ability to operate company van and golf cart safely.
5. Physical Activities and Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull at least 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Must be able to move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.