Personal Training Manager
|Location:||Miami Lakes, FL|
|Salary Range:||$35k to $42k based on exp plus bonus|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Location:||Shula’s Athletic Club|
Provide leadership to Staff in all fitness activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises a minimum of 5-10 trainers.
- Facilitates weekly meeting with personal trainers
- Makes recommendations for hiring and terminations of personal trainers/floor staff
- Schedules Personal Trainers
- Makes recommendation for compensation for personal trainers
- Responsible for coaching and counseling trainers
- Responsible for on boarding all new trainers and continued training required for personal trainers
- Responsible for floor staff scheduling
- Ensure floor staff training and customer service related workshops
- Report and be informed of malfunctioning or status of all strength training equipment including cardio theater equipment
- Responsible for proper inventory of fitness accessories
- Participation of trainers in new member integration system
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer service Winning Edge standards for the Fitness areas. Ensures cleanliness and pleasant appearance of all fitness areas & equipment.
- Responsible for Fitness P & L
- Responsible for ensuring programming quality control with personal trainers.
- Follow up on monthly calls to track member satisfaction and personal training retention.
- Actively develop and design quarterly sales oriented strategic planning.
- Assign new members to personal trainers based on the specific member needs and results of initial evaluation.
- Responsible for hitting revenues goals set by management.
- Oversees and conducts fitness evaluations and orientations
- Organizes fitness and wellness for corporate membership plans
- Responsible for planning of community outreach/health-promotion initiatives and development of health-related programming
- Organizes Fitness/Health lectures and Fitness programs to motivate members
- Oversee and develop educational program in conjunction with club management
- Attends weekly meetings, as needed
- May offer personal training session in case of emergencies.
- Encourages newsletter participation
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in health club environment
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Must have multiple certification from a nationally recognized certifying agency in the fitness field, i.e. ACE, ACSM, NSCA, or AFAA. Current CPR certification and first aid training.
- Be alert, accurate and precise and strong ability to work with numbers. Must be able to communicate extremely well verbally and in writing. Must have great interpersonal skills to develop relationships and motivate Team. Must multi-task and work long hours. Must have organizational skills.
- Must be able to use and operate exercise equipment, Frequently
- Must be able to use computer programs, i.e. word, excel, payroll system; Frequently.
- Must be able to carry out daily duties such as push, pull and/or lift weights in excess of 50lbs
Salary $35K- $42K based on expereince with additional bonus based on performance after 6 months.
OUR BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Health Benefits
- Dental Care Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Legal Plan
- Athletic Club Memberships
- Golf Club Memberships
- Restaurant Discounts
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Recognition and Service Awards Program
- 401(k) plus company match
- Pension Plan