Personal Training Apprentice
|Location:||Miami Lakes, FL|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Personal Trainer Trainee will work with experienced trainers and Personal Training Manager to learn the fitness model of Shula’s Athletic Club and prepare for national personal training certificate. Must be highly motivated to learn and have some base of exercise knowledge. The trainee must have certificate within 90 days of hire or offer of becoming certified personal trainer with Shula’s Athletic Club will be rescinded. After obtaining certification the job description will change to one-on-one personal coaching, small group coaching and fitness evaluations to members that desire tailored programs to meet their needs or need assistance with their initial orientation to the weight/cardio room. Personal Coaches must be knowledgeable in anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology, and must adhere to all established rules/guidelines endorsed by Shula’s Athletic Club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in design effective & efficient Fitness Programs that meet the specific needs of your client. Encompasses; cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, nutrition, stress and lifestyle considerations.
- Assist with a complete Program Design for each client (kept online at Shula’s Athletic Club)
- Perform thorough Fitness Evaluations on all clients, new members and perspective clients with guidance from Fitness Director
- Assist with teaching safe and effective exercises to suit client needs & goals.
- Provide clients with knowledge, skills, guidance, support, motivation and educational resources with guidance from Personal Training Manager.
- Participate in and encourage clients to enroll in special events at the club
- Network with the appropriate Health and Fitness Professional regarding the care of a client and incorporate recommendations as needed
- Obtain National Personal Training Certification within the first 90 days of employment and thereafter remain certified and updated on all current research and fitness trends
- Adheres to client programming and customer service guidelines as published by Shula’s Athletic Club.
- Assists with weekly motivation calls to active clients.
- Attends all staff meetings and mandatory trainings as scheduled.
- Assists with conducting complimentary sessions for prospective clients and encourage them to invest in our services.
- Work in partnership with Shula’s Athletic Club to achieve revenue goals
- Adheres to all administrative responsibilities and procedures as published by Shula’s Athletic Club.
- Must wear proper uniform with name-tag during work hours.
- Trainee must punch in and out for work daily.
- Must act professionally at all times. No foul language, gossip, arguments, etc. Solicitation and sales of personal products is not allowed.
- Meet and greet each client at the front desk.
- Responsible for scheduling training appointments in our CSI Scheduler Program. All appointments must be scheduled during business hours.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Willingness to learn and obtain national accredited personal training certificate within 3 months of hire.
- Personality skills are very important. Must be extremely friendly, positive, upbeat, energetic and have excellent communication skills
- Individual must be a team player, but also able to work independently, holds strong work ethics and shows initiative
- Current CPR certification
- High school diploma
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.